Say no to Rubbish – Wheelie Bin Screens from Keen Gardener
Serene, carefully designed and beautifully balanced - you’ve spent ages creating your perfect garden, so why let your unsightly wheelie bins ruin the look of your outside space?
In this post, we take a look at wheelie bin screens, and how you can improve the appearance of your garden with the right wheelie bin storage options.
Why cover it?
Plastic wheelie bins are ugly and can spoil the look and feel of even the most carefully planned garden. If you don’t have a dedicated space to hide them away, then a wheelie bin screen is the best way to disguise unsightly bins and recycling boxes.
Wheelie bin screens are suitable for use all around your garden, patio or at the front of the house, and will make a real difference to your outside spaces.
What to look for in a Wheelie Bin Screen
There are a variety of different wheelie bin screens on the market – ranging massively in terms of quality, style and value.
Here are a few things you should consider when shopping for a wheelie bin screen:
- Appearance – the whole purpose of a wheelie bin screen is to hide your unsightly bins, so it makes sense to go for something that looks good! A nice, timber screen will look significantly nicer than a cheaper plastic model
- Your bins – different councils provide different solutions for rubbish collection, so make sure you get a wheelie bin cover that fits all your bins and boxes. At Keen Gardener, we provide a full range of solutions, from single bin screens and dedicated recycle box stores, right up to large chests suitable for storing up to three bins in
- Durability – the best wheelie bin screens should last for years and years. Look out for tanalised, pressure treated timber, which is much more durable and requires less maintenance than untreated wood
- Timber – wherever possible, it’s better to go for screens manufactured from FSC approved, sustainable timber. This will ensure that it has been sourced from a renewable, environmentally friendly source
- Access – you’ll need to access your bins multiple times each week – so look out for ones with easy access. The best designs feature lids which attach directly to the lids of the wheelie bins, so you can get in and out quickly and easily.
Bin Screens from Keen Gardener
You’ll find a wide range of high quality wheelie bin screens at Keen Gardener, in a variety of sizes and designs - from single bin screens and recycling box chests, to extensive triple chests designed to house all three of your household bins.
They are all manufactured in the UK, to the absolute highest quality standards, using premium, pressure treated (tanalised) redwood timber, carefully sourced from sustainable, renewable, FSC approved suppliers. They are durable and built to last – simply treat them with some stain every couple of years to keep the screen looking as good as new.
Our bin screens come flat packed, and supplied with clear, easy to follow instructions for quick, simple assembly. Whilst they’re designed to be freestanding, they can be anchored to the ground for additional stability and security if required.
- Garden Maintenance